Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Once apon a time, there was a boy. He looked a little like this:




He had a school mate, who looked really close to this:
(scary that yearbookyourself.com has my EXCACT hair in the 90's section...)



All through school, they never spoke a single word. Not a single one. They graduated from high school and the boy went to England on a mission and the girl went to college at NAU. Neither one ever thought of the other.

The girl had crazy college times and dated all sorts of guys, lost the bangs and now looked more like this:




Meanwhile, the boy was turning into a man and served his Heavenly Father. He now looked more like this:



One day in May of 2000, their paths joined once again on the High School football field following a graduation. The girl thought the boy had grown stronger, taller and more handsome and the boy was sure the girl looked better without the bangs and ignored the fact that her hair was chin length. He imagined in his head that it looked more this this:



The next day with an encouraging word from a friend, his dad, and even the girls brother, he decided to risk all his pride and ask her for a date. He somehow thought this girl was snobby and might tell him no. What he didn't realize was that she was very nice and not snobby at all. She agreed to a date and they were smitten by each other from that night on. After only a month of dating, the boy asked the girl to marry him, and she told him yes. Soon they looked JUST like this:



The pictures were delivered all over town and they put on some fancy clothes and were married in Mesa to be together forever.



8 years and counting have passed. The MAN turned 30 this week. Yes, you read that right. 3-0. He is still married to the same GIRL (girl, because she is still only 29 you see) and has added a daughter, a son, and an baby whose gender will be unknown until the birth. He is doing very well in life. Mission served, temple marriage, college degree, kids, great job, a HOUSE (unfinished or not, it is a HOUSE). His wife is still smitten by him and his kids completely adore him too. All in all, the MAN has a happy life and is doing good, (even if he is now 3-0). And they look something like this:



Happy Birthday Tyler. I love you.

The End.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

Cute post! The yearbook yourself pictures are hilarious.

And while I'm here...I'm beginning to think maybe you never got the check for the swimsuit...do you want me to send you a new one?

Lindsey said...

Oh man, I'm dying laughing at those pics. Especially at the 90's afro-perm. LOVED this post. Happy birthday Tyler!

Fuentes Family said...

That post was pretty entertaining. You are so creative. What a cute post. I didn't realize that you guys were our same ages. What the heck? I totally thought you were younger than me. Good for you and sorry you are about to be 30 like me. Happy Birthday Tyler.

The Baum Squad said...

I can't. I'm scared. I don't want to remember what the nineties looked like on me.

Cute post!

Melis said...

Very cute post Melinda! Love the hair-do's. That dang 30 is pushing on a lot of us isn't it! It's OK. 30 is still young right?

Brannon and Leslie said...

That was so cute. I loved the yearbook pic of you. It actually looks very similar to the real one. So fun. Happy B-Day Tyler!

archive