"I'll miss being five" says Emma last night as I lie in with her bed, waiting for her to fall asleep. "What can you do when you are five, but not six?" I ask. "Oh, you know, all the five year old thigs" she answers. "Things like what?" I wonder. "Ummmm" Long pause. "Like telling people that I am five!"
So, I guess being six won't be TOO traumatic for her!
Today my girl is 6. I was just pregnant with her, I was just carrying her everywhere she went--swaddled in a sling, I was just nursing her and changing diapers all day and all night. I was just helping her walk, listening to her first words, keeping her out of cupboards. I was just watching her color outside the lines and learning to write her name.
Now she is in Kindergarten, confident that she can do anything. Tying her own shoes, getting herself dressed and getting herself a drink of water. She is aware of others feelings, aware of right vs. wrong, and remembers everything. She is sure that Jacob is either the biggest pest she's ever met, or the best friend she's ever had. She knows her mom is a little crazy but so full of love for the brown eyed girl it hurts, and knows her dad is tons of fun when at home, and works for our family when he isn't and that she has him wrapped around her finger. She knows her Heavenly Father loves her, and that Jesus is her brother. She knows they listen to her prayers, and she has the faith to say them. She is her dad and her mom's first blessing, and has a huge spot in our hearts.
Happy Birthday Emma Kate. I love you forever.
(yeah, and I'm 36 wks here. I'll probably be this size at 18 wks this time...)
10 days old
6 weeks old
2 months old
9 months old
Friday, October 10, 2008
Posted by melinda at 9:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Emma! It makes me sad too that my baby is 7, they just grow up way too fast!! And what is with you not even hardly showing when you were 36 weeks with her? That is hardly fair! :)
Isnt it so sad to watch our kids grow so fast. Happy birthday Emma. Congratulations on the new one. I cant believe I didnt notice when I saw you at Heathers. Im so excited for you. good luck.
WHA..... You're pregnant!!!!???
AWESOME!!!!!
C
O
N
G
R
A
T
S
!
Very sweet post, I loved it. I can't believe you were 36 WEEKS in that pic. Hellew!! You are gonna have such great helpers! :)
So, are you free on the 23rd? IF YOU ARE FEELING ALRIGHT -to watch 3 rugrats??
Happy Birthday! What a cutie! I forgot that Emma & Austin were really close! he turned 6 sept. 21
I can't belive how small you were at 36 weeks!! Lucky You!!
I can't believe how small you were at 36 weeks. Congrats on the up-coming baby!
Well, well, well....I'm glad you decided to post about the pregnancy. I was thinking the other day (the coconut bread rocked by the way) when I was looking at your kids - I think it's high time melinda had another one. Way to go!! Happy birthday Emma!
Boy do I feel out of the loop!! I had no idea you were pregnant!Congrats!
Post a Comment