Monday, September 15, 2008

Our Cruise

Tyler and I celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary, his 30th birthday (coming in a couple months) and if the truth be told, probably *my* 30th which isn't for 10 more months) all in one 5 day trip. The fact that I have never spent a night away from our kids, and the idea that I should before another baby comes along and I spend another 2+ years with a child laying beside me every night, also came up... So we ventured out on a cruise, along with Tyler's brother and his wife.

We had a great time! We started out in San Diego, and the plan was to make two stops, one in Cabo San Lucas, where we would spending the day snorkling, scuba diving, para sailing or whatever else we decided to spend our money on, and then Ensenada where we would barder with the local folk and shop til we drop. Thanks to the hurricane near Cabo, and rough waters, and a closed port, we were unable to stop there:( But, at least we got home safe and didn't get lost at sea in a hurricane! Oh, I beg to differ with anyone who says you don't feel the boat move. Or maybe it was just because the water was rough?? I felt it. And, while my group was one of the few NOT drinking, we couldn't walk straight to save our lives, so we fit right in with the drunks. We swam, walked, ate, played miniture golf, ate, went to live shows, ate, layed out, ate, danced, ate, slept, ate, visited, ate, watched the ocean along with tons of dolphins, whales, seals ect, ate and did I mention that we ate? The food was incredible! I had lobster, shrimp, chicken, fish, pasta, enchiladas, hamburgers, salad and fruit, clams, veal, lamb, steak, ESCARGO! (my first time ever), pizza, and every other dish you can think of. Plus breakfasts were awesome--I'm ALL about breakfast. It was heaven. Thankfully, I only gained 3 lbs. The way I ate, I'd have guessed it would be 30. And, I was retaining water big time the whole trip, which was weird?? Anyway, it was a good time and for the money and the amount of time and the FOOD, it is the cheapest vacation around. Seriously. (as long as you aren't an alcohol drinker. Now THOSE people had a bill to pay...)

Our Ship:


On board, ready to sail!


Our view, and Trav:


The main swimming pool on the ship:


Dressed up for dinner:






A demo of how we FELT most of the time:


Another dinner:





Our dinner group. We were randomly put with these people and THEY ROCKED.


Obviously, I didn't get the memo here


Dancing after dinner


Trav and Jill:


Well, it was a good story...


Waiting for the night show to start


At the Blow Hole at Ensenada:


It was way cool.


Last dinner, with the waiters. They were sweet:)


Darn! The small ones were the best ones, but they came through e-mail so you can't even see them:( Oh well....

7 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh that sounds so nice...even the seasickness if it means a vacation. We're hoping to do our FIRST trip away after Justin's done w/this Arabic school. You're smart to do it before #3 decides to come along.

Thanks again for the swimsuit! I love it.

Hallie said...

Looks like you had a great time! I agree, cruises are the best! The food is awesome and there is plenty of it! I don't know about you but even after a couple of days of being off the ship I still felt like the ground was rocking, it was crazy. Happy Anniversary!

Brannon and Leslie said...

Oh, don't you look super sexy with your short bangs. I LOVE THEM!! How fun is going on a cruise? I loved it as well. I'm so jealous. I can't believe you've never been away from your kids. You totally deserved it. How fun.

Lindsey said...

I'm so jealous! (Except for the seasickness part, I can't even handle the drive to Payson without needing to pull over so I'm sure I would do real well on cruise). It sounds so dang fun though. Lovin' the new bangs!

Katlyn Papa said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a good time. So brave to leave the kiddos for a few days. Every mom needs that every once in a while. Mike and I need to go on one of those. For us it will be two years from now though!

sara said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN!
LUCKY! (napoleon dynamite!)

Seriously - that looks like the best time- Jess and I have just been once (on a cruis) - I hear ya about the food!!!! It's out of control awesome! :)

p.s. you're HOT.

Crick Martindell said...

Melinda I just happened upon your blog tonight when I was looking around and this is so fun! I loved looking at your cruise pictures. Someday! Your pictures are so dang cute of your family and I can totally understand the pain you are going through with your daughter...man I am feeling the same....only she turned 18 last Friday...Dude! I am not that old! OK and I'm guessing your expecting agian?...Well I guess I will ask you tomorrow...any how...congrats if so!

archive