House
I have been excited the past week, to finally have my piano in place. Tyler's mom gave me his great-grandma's piano, because I am the only piano player in the family. I worked really hard on making it look nice again, after it endured a trying life with 6 little Shelley boys. And then only to have it sit in the garage for 3 months. It took some doing to get three strong male members of our family here at the same time to help Tyler move the darn thing, but it finally happened! Yay! Now, when neighbors walk past my house and hear me playing very loudly, on a less than perfectly tuned piano, at least I no longer have the shame that I am standing in my garage. I am now standing in my house which amazingly enough, is better. I am still looking for the perfect bench. The original didn't make it past it's life with those boys. I can only imagine why.
On another note (pun intended), the weather has been extremely WARM, and there is no longer an excuse that the outside of our house has remained untouched. EXCEPT, I have admittedly lost motivation to do anything alone AND Tyler has either worked at his "real job" every weekend for the past couple months, or has been working more than his share of 12 hour night shifts (which makes for useless days). But, the end of that has come, so maybe we can get to work! The neighbors will be ecstatic.
Primary
Also two weeks ago, Tyler and I got a new calling in the primary teaching the sweetest class! And, I've already had my turn at sharing time! The kids are 6 turning 7, which is a great age. They are still young and sweet enough to love us, yet old enough to listen (with interest!) to my very long winded stories from the Book of Mormon. I love telling stories when people listen! It is going to be great.
Politics
The dark side really has gotten dark
My life was much sweeter when he was the face behind the mask. Times when the dark side was actually, tempting.
Blessings
And most importantly and overdue, I had the nicest Mother's Day! Besides being showered with plants and flowers and gifts, my kids drew me pictures and were overly sweet all day giving me their "best hugs" and smoochy kisses. Tyler even helped them make a veggie omlet for my breakfast, which is my favorite! and they even threw in some turkey
They got completely dressed and ready for church without a word from me and Tyler fixed Emma's hair. I am so blessed and so honored that Heavenly Father is trusting me (and Tyler!) to raise two of his most valiant, special spirts. I just pray that I can be a good mom and "teach them all that they must do".
Speaking of good moms, my mom is one of those truly special, loving, caring moms. She has always been there for me and has always set a great example of charity and love. I am so very blessed to have her for an example!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Things on My Mind...
Posted by melinda at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great post!! (And by the way, you are WAY too nice to me on my posts! - But I think you're right - we notice our own flaws WAY more than others do...because I don't know what you're talking about w/ too many of your own!)
Old piano's are monsters to move! That is so great that you get an heirloom! Oh, I wish I could play! The thought of piano music throughout the house is lovely!
I have it in my mind I'll learn w/ my boys...
I bet the primary kids LOVE you guys! How fun.
I'm so glad you had a great Mother's Day! You deserve it! It really sounded like it couldn't have been any better!
Politics - I have stopped keeping tabs on the democratic battle...It is almost ridiculous, I really hope neither one gets it!
I'm so jealous about the piano. It's beautiful. It looks so pretty there in your new home. I'm really going to have to stop by the next time I'm in Snowflake. I want the grand tour.
Post a Comment