Friday, January 11, 2008

"Traci Butler--I win!"

This story is especially for Traci. Obviously;)

Yesterday was Traci's turn to have preschool at her house. So while rushing out the door TRYING and be on time Emma asked who's house it was at today and I told her Traci's. Not Traci Butler, I just said Traci. So I take her to preschool, she has a great time, I pick her up...

Fast forward to the night.

Tyler, the kids and I are all at our house under construction. All of us are in the master bathroom (where Mr. Heater is!) and Tyler and I are laying tile in our shower with the kids helping OH-SO-MUCH. We've got XM radio playing and like usual if a radio is on, Tyler and I are playing name that tune. We had it on a Classic Rock station, which is my favorite and the tunes I name the best. So at the start of songs random names are yelled out by Tyler or me (usually me;)). "Van Halen--I win!" "John Mellencamp--I win" "Styx--I win" "Tom Petty--I win" "Boston--I win!" Then there is a song that stumped me. It was a lady's voice, but not Fleetwood Mac, not Heart--who is this?? I wonder to myself. I don't know, Tyler must not know or he'd be sure to yell it out, so I tile quietly, determined to recognize the voice. Then I hear Emma yell out "Traci Butler--I win!" It was hysterical really. Guess ya had to be there but Tyler and I were dying!

So, Traci we heard you singing on XM last night;)

3 comments:

Traci said...

Dang it. My secret is out. Bet you never knew I was a singer, and made millions. He He. I love it. That is so funny. At least she remembers me. I love that girl. She is so cute. Thanks for the good laugh.

Traci said...

Oh, I forgot, Jordyn also asked me yesterday where school was going to be this week and I said, you are going to Emmas and pretty soon she will have a new house. Jordyn looked at me with a big smile and said YES, I love her little brother, he is so cute. He must have made a big impression on her last time.

sara said...

That is really funny! and cute that she wanted to be included in the game!
It sounds like things are coming along! I hope to see the house this time!
How does Tues. the 29th look this month?

archive