Thursday, January 24, 2008

Preschool and Retro Cartoons



Now that these pictures are a week old, I think I'll post them;)

Last Thursday, it was my turn to teach Emma's preschool class. We had such a fun time, and those girls are just so much fun. I get a hoot from them and their funny little comments and questions. Our color was orange, our letter was R and our shape was oval. I think our number was 5 but I didn't even do anything with it because we were so into the R is for Rainbow theme. Oops. We made rainbow sugar cookies, ate fruity cheerios, colored gold fish, and brownies with rainbow sprinkles for our rainbow theme and carrots and orange juice (we had to have something healthy!!) for orange. We also read a book that I had when I was little about Rainbow Brite. Even though no one had heard of her! I told them to go ask their moms about Rainbow Brite and the color kids. They LOVED the story though--I've never had them sit so quite and still for reading time! They all picked a character that they liked the best and wanted to be and no one even picked the same one. We had Emma (Patty-O-Green), Jaidee (Shy Violet), Brookie (Lala Orange), Jordyn (Rainbow Brite) and Brooklyn (Indigo). We were missing Jayda:( Oh and Jacob, who only THINKS he is part of preschool, lol, was Buddy Blue. I know Rainbow Brite tried to make a comeback, but I don't know why she failed. She was so COOL and fun and colorful! And the sprites are so flippin' cute! Oh well, I had fun and I we all had a great time!





If I ever do blue, I swear I'm doing a Smurf theme. Those, were also cool.

3 comments:

Devin and Melinda said...

Rainbow Brite! It's been a really long time! Cool Rainbow cookies...I'm sure they DID have a great time!

Brannon and Leslie said...

Oh the good old days of Rainbow brite. I'm also very surprised she didn't make a full comeback. Too bad. Cute cookies though. Looks like fun. I wish I lived there :(

Traci said...

You are so awesome. Jordyn had such a good time. She loves to go to your house.

archive