What a busy summer and now fall. I've totally let this blog go (I knew I would, dang it) so here are some updates from the past few months.
The house building ordeal is quite the project! The good news is, the drywall is finished!! So, we've come a long way since June 15th, when we first broke ground. I've never worked so hard in my life, standing 12 ft garage walls, digging, and pouring concrete took alot of effort for this house cleaning, dinner cooking, kid packing mama! Even if I did have lots of help from Tyler and my dad:) The other good news is that we are SOO close to the fun part! Paint, flooring, light fixtures, cabinets--ah, it is the shopping dream. Ok, so really I have no bad news about it. Things are going great! The kids have handled it all well. They've spent hours and hours (and hours) digging in the sand pile, hammering nails into scraps of wood, sweeping up sawdust and just hanging out at a construction site. They are getting really excited (as well as I am!!) as they see the spot of dirt transform into what we will call home.
Emma turned 5 in October. Oh how the time flies. How in the world do I have a 5 year old, when I'm only 19?? Oh yeah, I'm not 19 anymore. I keep forgetting the 28th birthday that also happened this summer. So, this 28 year old has a sweet, smart, beautiful, sometimes bossy, incredible little 5 year old and I just LOVE being her mama. For her birthday we took a trip to Disneyland. The first vacation we've had in...hmm, let me think, ever. Yeah, a trip to Mesa is what we've called traveling. So, we bit the bullet, borrowed a car DVD play (reminder to self--get one of those) and drove to California. I've not been to Disneyland since my Sr. trip, and it was totally amazing. Really. I loved every second of it. It is just more magical taking kids there. Oh, and Emma LOVED it. She is over 40 inches, so she got to go on almost everything. Space Mt, Splash Mt., Peterpan, and the Matter Horn were her favorites. She loved the rollercosters. Hmm, she must be related to me. We had a blast and saw a few characters too which was way more exciting that I thought it would be! Jacob was too short for quite a few rides, but there were TONS he could go on too so he loved it all as well. The Buzz Light Year and Winnie the Pooh rides were his "fravrit" and he LOVED the characters. He pet Pluto, hugged Tigger and kissed Minnie on the nose. It was really cute. So yeah, great time and we'll be doing that again in the near future.
Halloween came and went without much thought. I totally forgot to even buy costumes this year because I've been so wrapped up in the house building, so lucky for us we have about 1 million dress up costumes packed into the closet, so we were able to rummage up a few costumes. We went to the church for a party and had a fun time. I was a bit of a humbug this year and failed to dress up but none of those million dress up costumes were in my size and I was just too uncreative this year to come up with something. And, I'm still recovering from the Johnny Depp Pirate dread locks I put in my very long hair last year.
So there is a mini update to catch up on this blog. Now, maybe I'll be able to keep it better up to date. Notice I said "maybe"...
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Seriously, I told you I'd be bad at this...
Posted by melinda at 9:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yea!! You have a blog. I didn't even know that. Your house is almost finished. I'm so excited for you. Your kids are absolutely adorable. Don't you love Disneyland with the kids. It's a totally different experience.
Hey Melinda. Im glad to see you are a blogger too. I love having Emma in our preschool group. She is such a little sweet heart!! I bet you are excited to be getting so far on your house it looks good! :) see ya later ps did you get the new schedule from Lindsey?
Post a Comment