Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Summer to Remember--Boston

Work also required Tyler to go to Boston for 5 weeks! So, Levi and I got a plane and went with him for 2 of those weeks. It was super hard to leave Emma and Jacob for that long, but plane tickets were just too much, especially after the CA trip just one week prior. And, I never leave them so I tried not to feel bad for this chance to see Boston. So, we thought of it as their vacation at grandma and papa's house! Everything turned out great (minus the ordeal getting home and hours spent in airports) and Boston was amazing! And we were there for the 4th of July so we saw some spectacular fireworks!










We went to Plymouth one afternoon and saw the Mayflower II and Plymouth Rock. It was a cute little town!





And we did the Freedom Trail which was REALLY neat and I am not even into history. We saw Paul Reveres home, church, site of the Boston Massacre, graveyards and other cool stores, buildings and landmarks of that time. It was a nice, cool day too which was good for all that walking...













I really had a great time, and it was nice to be with Tyler since he is gone so much this summer. I did all the kids school shopping there too! We had to buy a new suitcase to get it all home;) In between traveling I also made tons more crafty stuff. Necklaces, tutus, jewlry ect and sold them a boutique on mother's day and july 24. It was a fun way to spend all my spare hours (that I should have been sleeping;)) overall, what a busy, but memorable summer!

3 comments:

Melis said...

Melinda. It's so great to catch up with your family. You sure are busy! The pics are great. It was fun to look through them! It's kinda nice that Tyler has worked out of town this summer....gave you some GREAT get aways!

Corie said...

What a fun excuse to see all kinds of amazing places! I would LOVE to go to Boston! Your pics are great!

sara said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!
2 WEEKS! You really got to see so much- I remember seeing a lot of the same when I was like 15...It would be much cooler to go back as an adult - I'd appreciate it more.

California looked like a blast too! Holy BIG kids!! Wow. so so cute.

Whats Tyler doing for work now/traveling for? (I'm trying to remember!?)

You look great.

archive