I turned 30 on July 19. Guess what? It feels a whole lot like 29. It wasn't as scary as I thought. I think my 30's might even be better than my 20's--in fact I'm feeling pretty great about my life.
I have a 1st grader. School started August 10, and she loves it! Eating in the cafeteria is her favorite thing. She tells me everyday all the fruit and veggies she eats (cause she knows how I am about that) but she says she can't resist the chocolate milk. She is my daughter! Oh and she can read just about anything.
We celebrated 9 years of marriage on August 11. We even went out to dinner without any kids. It was a rare occation, and we were gone for less than 1 hour, but it was fun! This picture is not from that day. It is another camping picture! We love each other even when smelly. OK, so we didn't really smell, but if we did smell, we would still love each other. Smelly has happened before.
On August 18, Levi was an offical 4 months old. I really love this kid. What a sweetheart. He loves grinning, blow rasberries, drooling, nursing, watching his big brother and sister, being held and carried, grunting, burping loudly, sleeping next to mom, laughing at his dad, and having a clean diaper on. He is a great baby.
He also loves Sophie the Giraffe, who was purchased by me, for way too much money. Hey, she's non-toxic, and not made in China, and not plastic, and yeah, you know I'm paranoid. Anyway, he L-O-V-E-S her. And I've never had a baby love any toy, so it's all good.
He also loves camping. Really, he does. He slept in a tent, in my sleeping bag with me and only woke up twice to eat. I don't think he cried the whole trip either. He loved the fire, the rain, the hike, EVERYTHING. He will get along just fine in this family.
Maybe I've given you the idea that we've been camping recently? Yes, we have! August 22-23. A quick trip, but the kids had been wanting to go and we didn't make it happen during the summer, so we went near Heber and had a GREAT time. It rained all night, but we had a blast.
The happy campers
and, my little campers three
My favorite meal from camp. Tyler thinks I'm nuts for taking avacados on a campout but mmmmm, did it make the hamburger!
The kids couldn't get enough of this tree either
Riding out of carseats was also a major highlight for the kids. This never happens unless we are out in the woods going 10 mph or less. They thought it was Christmas.
So, that is what we've been up to! This post took FOREVER with Levi banging on the keyboard the whole time. BUT, stay tuned for look alike pictures of Levi and Tyler. I found some old pictures in Tyler's baby book and you will not believe your eyes!! Can you say CLONE??
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Busy summer!
Posted by melinda at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Love the pics! I was wondering if you were ever gonna blog again :) Good to hear what you've been up to. I agree -- 30's are great! Levi's growing WAY too fast! Wasn't he just born? Thanks for the update :)
The picture of Levi in the chair IS the cutest! He's so handsome! Love Emma's back to school picture too. Super cute!
Glad you updated! :) It looks like you had a fun camping trip. Oh and your kids are so cute!!
Well, it's about dang time. Good job on turning 30 and where in the world did Emma get all that hair? Lucky girl. Levi looks like a doll and alot like your other kids. Keep on posting.
Post a Comment