Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Spinning, spinning, spinning....



I'm 36 weeks! I normal person could say "any day now". But, since past (41 week)pregnancies have ensured me that I am NOT a normal person, I won't even DREAM until 39 weeks.

I couldn't sleep last night for the first time this pregnancy. No, not because my stomach is huge now, and no, not because I had to go to the bathroom 20 times, and no, not even because Tyler wouldn't stop breathing so loudly.

It was because my mind wouldn't stop spinning with questions. I am getting so excited I can hardly stand it.

Will our new family addition be a he or a she?

Will he or she give me flashbacks of my other kids? Or will he or she look totally different?

When will he or she make a great appearance? 38 weeks? 42 weeks? I'm almost betting on the 42.

How long will my labor last?

How much will he or she weigh? Smallish like Emma's 6lbs 14oz, or a bit bigger like Jacob's 8 lbs. 8 oz?

What in the WORLD will we NAME the baby? We haven't discussed this topic in approx. 5 months. I'm over it. We will figure it out when we can at least narrow the gender.
We get along SO much better when we aren't talking about our children's names!

The only thing I can be sure of is that he or she will be LOVED. and TREASURED. and a SWEET gift from HEAVEN. and CUTE--especially in my eyes:)

I've got my pantry and freezer STOCKED, and added 300 lbs of dry food to my storage room last week thanks to the help of Leslie. I've got enough diapers to last from birth until the day my child potty learns. I've got clothes, baby carriers, blankets, and supplies clean and ready to go. I cleaned out a few closets (and will keep working on a few more). I have several more things on my list but I'm off to a good start!

And, all in all, I feel really good. I am starting to feel big but it isn't normal to have a stomach sticking out 8 inches or to weigh 25 lbs more than normal, so what can I expect? I do have to go to the bathroom more than I'd like but what can I do? I have some lower back pain some evenings that Tyler is good enough to rub for me and it is great excuse to take a bath after the kids are asleep. I may walk slower than my dear walking partner Leslie, but I can still walk! So, can I complain or say I'm miserable? Nope. But I can be honest and say that I don't feel "normal". How could I??

Counting my blessings, praying for health, rummaging around closets and anticipating a new arrival is how I'll be spending my next few weeks. Few weeks. YAY!

7 comments:

Katlyn Papa said...

You look awesome! I can't wait either! I'm so glad that you are so organized because it makes me want to be that way. I got my bins all ready for the clothes!
I love looking at my food storage! We did so good!
Now I;m going to go take a bath!

Becca said...

You look really good! i cant wait to hear what you had! are you going to take votes?! lol glad someone can be that organized. Hope you keep feeling as great as you do until that little one gets here!

Barb said...

Right on - now you're ready! Keep up the grea work, can't wait to meet your little girl/boy!!

Teresa :) said...

Hey Melinda! Thanks for the compliment! Misty did such a great job with the whole thing Im glad I got to be part of it. That was such a cute post. I forgot you were waiting to find out, thats awesome I just dont know if I could do it. Good luck with the non-medicated route, I am soooo going with the medicated but non-induced labor if possible. I know Im a wuss. haha :)Im impressed with all you have been up to, and now I am feeling motivated to do even more canning, preparing, etc!!!! Thanks and good luck with everything, I will be praying for 38 wks for ya. :)

sara said...

How exciting!!!!

Wow - it sounds like you are R E A D Y! That is so awesome. And you look great! So glad you are feeling good!

Nic and Jodie said...

Melinda you are so darling! Your little tummy is so cute. I am the same way with sleeping. I just keep thinking about things and my mind runs away. I can't even imagine how much sleep I would lose not knowing if it was a boy or girl. Can you believe that you're almost there?! SO exciting! I hope all goes well. You are amazing to be so prepared. I'll be thinking about you. Good luck.

Celia Marie (W.) B. said...

Thanks for leaving the comments on my blog! I love hearing people's experiences with things I have no experience with. You look amazing and I am in awe at your preparedness. I can't believe you could make it so long without knowing if you're having a boy or girl. I would die having to wait 10 months!! Congrats.

archive