
...leave a comment on my blog of a memory that you and I have had together. It doesn't matter if you've known me for a short time, or a long time, anything you remember....next, re-post these instructions on your blog and me (and others) leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Take a Walk Down
Posted by melinda at 1:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
What pops into my head:
-Times when you'd come visiting teaching
-I remember the party at Tia's too! But I feel bad if you felt obligated to buy something!!!
-Meeting at the Mall when Jacob was a new little tyke and all the cute slings you had.
-All things organic
-Park dates
-Coming over to your apartment (don't remember the reason) and chatting. For whatever reason I remember you pulling a great big bag of raisins out to give some to the kids (WEIRD memory, I know!)
-Hanging out at your parents/lunch/shopping when I came to town - That was a really great time. I can't wait to come and see your new house and admire all your hard work!
Oh, I'm so sad....I just ordered swimsuits yesterday for our california and mexico trips :( Your suits look sooo cute....how do I view all the clothes? Do I order them on line? What a fun job.
oh and I remember you preachin it in 4th ward when you 1st moved there on being a mother....very moving sermon...and of course all our in depth paint talks ;)
I have so many memories of all the goofy things we did as kids. One thing that I always loved was when your mom would take us to Maverick to get a soda and then take us to her classroom so we could help get it ready for the new school year. I thought we were so cool being able to help put up the bulletin boards and decorate the room.
I also remember playing all kinds of made up games in our back yards. We had so much fun!
Hmmm…there are so many, where do I begin…I remember being “pen pals” when we were kids and I always got so excited when your letters would come. They made me laugh and without fail would have Sorry So Sloppy written at the bottom. Then there were our family reunions at Mt. Graham where my memories include: fun card games with you and Kyle that would last forever, listening to Larry’s entertainment which would always involve a Hello Dolly Song, a Steve Erkel impression, and a trumpet. Then there was Drew who never failed to bring a T.V. up there for us to watch movies on, and Debbie who had us do a skit where we were required to wear ginormous shirts and have our pants bunched up at the bottom to become the 7 dwarfs.
Another lovely memory I have is when you let me cut your hair…If I recall you had to wear it in a pony for a many weeks to follow. Sorry about that one:)
Well, here's a couple. You always had awesome birthday parties! I also remember wanting to be able to color as pretty and in the lines as you did. You even tried showing me how, but your pictures always looked better. What grade was that? First???
Oh, there are so many. Of course I remember always being in the same primary and Young Women's classes. Going shooting with our sunday school class. Who does that? How dangerous. Camp every summer at dimping vats in Taylor. Laughing so hard that we cried. Going on the senior trip together and never leaving eachother's side. (That was so much fun). Getting key chains of the Viper ride and keeping my car keys on it forever. At Disneyland saying "You may get wet, possibly soaked" like 50 times. Do you remember that? Packing up our little crappy cars and driving to Flag for the first time to go to college. Crying together because we both hated it. Singing in our brushes in our little dorm room. Coming home EVERY weekend to see our families and have our moms do laundry. Deciding to move home after 1 semester of college. Being in your line at your wedding and loving it. Being best friends and loving every minute of it.
Post a Comment