It has taken me several days to update but I haven't had much time for posting. Both the kids had their tonsils removed, and while the doc was in there, he removed the adnodes as well. They, were apparently even bigger and in worse shape than the tonsils. The kids are healing well and are being only slightly grumpy during the day. The nights are restless and long, but the days are ok. We have a follow-up appointment in the morning, so hopefully the doctor will have some assurance that all is healing well.
As for the surgery. We left home at 5:30 AM, with the kids half asleep, but happy.
Arrived at 6:00 and waited for them to call us back for 30 minutes or so (Tyler is always thrilled to have his picture taken, as you can tell)
They called us back and we each got one of the kids dressed in gowns and caps. Emma thought hers was cool.
They gave the kids some drug that made them totally trip out. It was bizzarre to see them like that. Tyler thought it was funny. Now Emma REALLY thought her hat was cool
And Jacob let the nurse carry him right out--happy as can be.
They did Jacob's first, we waited for what seems like hours, and I was stressing. They called me to recovery and Jacob was OUT-OF-HIS-MIND. He was screaming, violently and I was bawling. My sweet, calm, kid was pure crazy. I didn't understand. They told me that was the normal reaction to the anesthesia. So, I held him (or tried since he was kicking violently) until his brain registered who I was. Later, we found out the reason for poor Jacob's reaction. As he was coming out of the anesthesia, his lungs collapsed since they are weak. SCARY. So, he went though alot and I didn't even know until it was over. After several hours of observation, he was released and is thankfully, is fine now.
Emma came out and had a different experience. She was a sweet, calm, sleepy girl. She saw me, said she loved me and rested. She is already snoring less.
Emma after waking--she was ready for the juice and popcicles!
Jacob after being awake for hours. It took him a long time to drink or eat a popcicle:(
So, that was our experience and I can honestly say I am SO glad it is over. I hope it helps them out!!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
It is over
Posted by melinda at 12:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Your poor kids. Two at once. I bet that was really hard. Now they should feel better.
Wow! I'm glad that everything went well! Hopefully they will heal quickly and things can get back to normal.
Melinda-Your poor kids.That's hard to see your kids go in to surgery. I'm glad everything went well. Les just told me today that they had surgery. Call me if you need anything. I'm just down the road.
Melinda!!! What an experience!! How scary about Jacob! :( It looks like you all got through it though!
Bless your heart!
Well I am glad everything went okay, and that it is over for you now. What a scary thing! You just never know what can happen when they do surgery. I too thought Aspen was all wrong for a girl's name. But I had to post some of Wyatt's picks. Thanks for the comments.
Well, I'm glad it's taken care of now for you and the kids! Surgery is always nerve racking to say the least!
My email is daltonites@gmail.com
Email me if you want an invite to my blog! Sorry I didn't get it to you sooner!
Wow, I but that was hard on everyone. Glad things went well.
Post a Comment