Since I missed his birthday during my internet outage, I'll post about him now...
My baby turned three on Saturday, Feb 23. Where in the world has the time gone? It seems like just the other day, the kids looked more like this:
OR THIS:
Sigh. It is so exciting and sad, at the same time, to watch them grow up!
We had a party on his birthday with my family, joint with Cayden (my great nephew) whose birthday was on the 15th. Shavan made a lemon cake, grandma made a chocolate cake, and I made some vanilla icecream. We had a nice get together visiting and eating yummy dessert. As you can see, Cayden wasn't too happy about the candles being lit.
Jacob was spoiled, as usual, with gifts.
I also had a party the next night for Tyler's family. I've found it to be much less stressful and crowded to have two parties. We had a nice time with that group too.
I love my sweet guy and can't believe he is THREE. Where has the time gone? He is such a loving, commpassionate kid. Here are a few things about Jacob:
1. He was 8 lbs. 8 oz. at birth and is only 26 lbs. at 3.
2. He potty trained at 17 mo.
4. He had a perfect baseball stance and swing by the age of 2
His favorite things:
1. Balls--especially baseball
2. Cars, trucks, airplanes and helicopters
3. Tools--especially hammers
Typical boy huh??
He also loves:
1. The color blue He notices everytihing that is blue and tells us about it. For example: "Look at the blue sky, it is my favorite color!"
2. His suction cup bow and arrow (he slept with it for a week when he first got it)
3. Fishing (around the house and stores, he "fishes" with belts, ropes, ribbon, string, sticks...anything)
Cute things Jacob says:
1. Anything that we call him (handsome, buddy, monkey ect) he ALWAYS tells his "I'm not (insert: handsome, buddy, monkey ect), I'm just Jacob".
2. "Mommy? I just love you" or "Mommy? You are my best friend" He will randomly say these things throughout the day to me. At least 5 times a day. It makes my heart melt.
3. "Actually" is one of his favorite words to use. He uses it correctly too.
Funny things he has said recently:
1. Out of the blue, while at the table eating breakfast, he hangs his head and starts to cry (well, it was a pretty good attempt at crying). I ask what was the matter and he says (through sniffs) "My feet are ugly". I say (while trying HARD not to laugh), "No, they aren't! They are cute!" He replies, forgetting to be quite so sad, "No, they are huge. I need to go put shoes on" Then he begins to laugh.
2. Jacob says "What?" 100 times a day. If he doesn't like what I'm saying, he pretends he can't hear. Finally, the other day, I said "Jacob, I know you can hear me" and he says "No, I can't. My ears are deaf and I can't see you either" As he looks up at me through very squinted eyes.
He is such a fun kid!!
Happy 3rd Birthday Jacob! We love you SOO much! 
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Jacob
Posted by melinda at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Finally...a new post. What have you been doing? It's not like you built and moved into a new home. J/K. Love the new pics. Don't you wish you had to worry about your pants being too big. So cute. Happy belated birthday Jacob.
Post a Comment