Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Our house, is a very, very, very, fine house...

Our building project is coming along well. I love my house, not only because it has been a family project and did most of the work ourselves, but because it is almost finished!! It has been so much work and I'm tired. My hands are blistered and rough and dry, and cut and scraped and I have learned to use way more tools than I ever cared to know about, much less use. It has really been a great experience though.

The outside will stay unfinished until we move in and the weather warms up. We still have to put a final color coat of stucco and then the deco rock. We got our water and sewer hooked up today and the granite guys are almost finished too! My dad, Tyler and I have been laying the flooring for the past couple of days and then we just need faucets, toliets and moulding and carpet!! Ok, here are the pics...

Kitchen cabinets--or at least, most of them. Missing some doors and all drawers and moulding, but I think they are purty anyway...




I completely adore my bamboo floor:




And I love those boys taking a dinner break on it too:



My kitchen nook/green wall. Oh la la. I love that floor.



Kids bathroom:

Tyler's tile job. My grout job.



Jake-in-the-Box checkin' out our granite. The only peice installed when I took the pics:)



Master Bath:



My unfinished grout job:



Tyler's unfinished tile job. He had to leave the last few tiles off until we can fill the tub and make sure it has no leaks. That would be a bummer!



We're so happy to move in next month!!

11 comments:

The Hoopers said...

Your house looks gorgeous! How exciting.

Lindsey said...

Melinda your house looks awesome! I love your bamboo floor:)You guys have done an amazing job. I'm pretty sure the only tools I've ever used is a screw driver and a hammer. I'm impressed! I can't wait to see it all finished:)

Traci said...

Its looking good. You will be so glad to finally get it done.

Laura said...

Congrats on your house! It looks beautiful. I love your floors too.

sara said...

SO P R E T T Y!!

I love it!!

Devin and Melinda said...

Tyler,
Since it's too cold to golf up there, there's a two-man scramble at Kokopelli Golf Course on Feb. 29th...$75 per person. Let me know if you are interested. By the way, your house looks good...it makes us miss our house in Heber!

Brannon and Leslie said...

Melinda that is amazing. It's absolutely beautiful. I'm so jealous. But, I'm so impressed that you did it all yourselves. Simply amazing. I can't wait to come see it!!!

Amy said...

Wow, great job! How exciting for you!

Traci said...

California??? What the Heck. I would never move to Cali. It is to crazy there. I bet one of the girls conversation had to do with that. Who knows what Jordyn was dreaming up. How funny those girls are.

Dawn Hancock said...

Hey the house looks great. I am so excited for you. There is nothing greater and being able to finally move in after all that hard work. I love the cabinets and the countertops. I will have to come and take a peek when we are in town.

My family Begins said...

I like the new house! Every time my family moved into a new home, I would always imagine what mine would look like someday. How exciting for you. Looks like you are doing well:)
Audrey Poulsen Cooper

archive