Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Update

I know I'm the worst blogger ever lately, but with surgeries, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and now Christmas quickly approaching, I just don't seem to get to my blog.

Emma had surgery on her right foot the beginning of August and on her left foot in October--the weekend after her 9th birthday. It has been quite an ordeal for her to "relearn" to walk. Apparently she is too cautious and underused her right foot especially so she is now on a 5 week stint of physical therapy, twice a week. The surgeries went well, her arches are now great (she has them), she has had virtually no pain (she only took 2-3 doses of regular strength Advil for each foot!!) But, being on crutches 10 days each time and then starting to walk again has been difficult for her. She is still limping:( Hopefully it gets better soon... Some pics from her b-day. She had one at Bits and Pizza with some friends and of course 2more with each side of the family. Isn't she cute and all grown up?:)





The kids loved Halloween this year. We went to the school carnival and also to our church trunk or treat. Levi got a real kick out of it all this year. Emma was a "spider princess" and Jacob was Hiccup and Levi was Toothless from "How to Train your Dragon". I made the boy's costumes and they looked pretty cute. Too bad I didn't get better pictures...




We had a great Thanksgiving at my parents house and also saw all of Tyler's family afterwards. We have so much to be thankful for and Tyler and I enjoyed having a long discussion on how much we have been blessed. We are so grateful to our Heavenly Father for what we feel is a pretty darn close to perfect life.

I broke down and did the Black Friday shopping this year for the first time too. (I've sent Tyler alone before, but have never gone myself). I was hoping it would put me into labor (no luck!). It was quite the experience. Can't say I enjoyed it or would do it again, but I figured as much. I hate crowds;) I did enjoy decorating for Christmas Friday and Saturday though!

And now, we wait (patiently?) for the arrival of our 4th sweet child. I had a due date of the 22nd and the 27th of Nov, so any way you say it, I'm overdue and feel very ready for a baby:) I look ready too, don't I?? (Taken on the 28th)



0 comments:

archive