Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A few updates...

Emma:

Got glasses the beginning of October. Her eyes were fine at her dr visit just one year ago, and now she needed as surprisingly strong RX. I feel bad she hasn't been able to see well for so long. She looks cute in her new glasses and more importantly she can SEE!

Turned 8 on the 10th of October and was baptized on the 6th of November! I can't believe she is 8. She is such a smart, special girl and I am so proud of her for her choice to be baptized and for her example to us. We sure love her and are happy she is in our family:)

Emma loves to read, likes to help w/ Levi, does not like to keep her room as clean as I'D like, loves to make snacks and help in the kitchen, started piano lessons in Sept and is liking that, and does excellent in school. Have you ever had all 98% or higher on your report card? I haven't...





Jacob:

Is doing GREAT in school too! I wasn't sure he'd listen and do as well in school as Emma, but he does. He is the most tender hearted, sweet, friendliest kid around. Loves swords, bow and arrows, ect. Gave soccer a whirl this year and really enjoyed it! Lost his first tooth last month--and has a super cute smile;) Is very helpful whenever I need him and doesn't complain while he works. Jacob is such a happy kid and sure is loved!

Levi:

18 months old now. Enjoyed at least part of his first day of nursery (until I left!) Beginning to sleep through the night and was weaned from nursing this month. Loves cottage cheese, poached eggs, cold cereal, beans, noodles, green beans and will eat ALOT. As soon as I weaned him, he started eating 3 eggs, toast and cream of wheat for breakfast. No joke. He is a funny, happy, little guy and has a really cute sense of humor. He makes us laugh and plays well with his brother and sister. We sure do love him!

Tyler:

We've had a crazy five months without Tyler, but we are so happy he is home and we can be somewhat normal again! Hunting is over for him too YAHOO! The kids have missed playing with him and I have missed everything about him. Except his dirty laundry. ha! I didn't know how much he did, until he was gone and I sure do appreciate it! He also hit an elk in he commute car last weekend (I asked him if his deer hunt and kill wasn't good enough for him;)). And he really is lucky he wasn't hurt and he even ALMOST missed it so it only caved in one side of the windshild and left some nice dents in the passenger side. Made me thankful for him again thinking about what COULD have happened:(

Me:

I started working on Monday's for Dr Keith West again. It is always hard for me to leave my kids, even for just the one day, but I feel it is important to keep my skills and licence current. Dr West is super nice, and my mom is willing to watch the kids so it works out well. I have a couple craft shows coming up before Christmas, so I've been working on crafts and along with recovering from some heath issues and having an absent husband I have felt my life is pretty crazy! I am so happy things seem to be getting back to normal and am so greatful that my trials are only what they are. I truly am blessed!

3 comments:

Nic and Jodie said...

Melinda, It's so fun to hear from you. Your little girl is darling. I just weaned my little girl too and it is astounding how much she can eat and she is still tiny. What health things have you been going through?

Angela* said...

That was a nice update! I'm glad you have your hubby back. And oh my heck, husbands do have tons of laundry to keep up with, and twice as much in the winter!
We should do lunch again soon. :)

Angela* said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

archive