One year ago on Valentines Day we moved into this house! We slept the first night on the air matresses and only one bathroom sink was hooked up, but we were officially IN. I can't believe it has been a year! We still have so much to do outside it is sort of overwhelming but maybe with the help of our tax return, we can progress in a couple of months!
Anyway, we had a great Valentine's Day hanging out together. Heart pancakes for breakfast and we took the kids out to dinner for Mexican food and Tyler gave me some potted flowers, chocolates and the best gift was he finished up my moulding! Yes, we've been missing some of the moulding for excactly one year, but now it is finished!! Yeah!
Emma wanted a "Valentines" hair-do for her school party Friday and for Saturday, so this is what we did...
Can you tell it is a heart???
She had a fun party and was so excited this year to pass out her Valentines. She wrote them all out the night the class list was sent home (Feb 1st I think). She came home with cute Valentines from her whole class and she was proud to read each and every one of them to me. Later, when I cleaned out her backpack, I found a big teddy bear (drenched in collogne!!) and a big box of chocolates! I asked her who they were from and she said "(boys name)." "Oh really?? Did he give everyone a bear and chocolates" I asked?? She tells me "No, just me. I think because my name starts with E likes his." HA! And, so it begins in Kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN?!?!
Sunday we went to church as normal and lucky for me and Tyler, we teach Primary, so we both (and Emma) got to witness this...
The Primary Presidency picks a couple of kids each week to recieve a crown that says "Child of God" and they get to go up front to get the crown and a certificate. Well, Sunday was Jacob's (he is a SUNBEAM now!!! and LOVES it!) turn to be a prince. So they call his name (twice, I think he didn't hear the first time) and he marches straight up to the pulpit next to the Primary Pres, grabs the microphone down to his level as she is crowning him, and he says "Hi. My name is Jacob. And, I got this crown (pointing to his head and looking up.). And, I am going to be 4 (holding out 4 fingers). And, I love my mom and dad and Emma. And, I love all of the rest of my family. In the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN. And he goes and sits down. I was laughing so hard I had tears coming down. I was sort of embarrassed at first too, because no words were required and he really wasn't supposed to give a talk, but then I decided that at least he had confidence and courage and maybe I should follow his example! Anyway, I chuckled all day thinking about it and I sure do love that cute kid!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Valentine's Day, Hearts and a Crown
Posted by melinda at 4:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Darling kids! You better watch out. Looks like you're going to need the shotgun really early for your girl. Wow. She is so beautiful. I'm so glad little boys just make us laugh. They really say the funniest things.
Oh that little Jacob - he keeps me laughing! I love seeing his little smile right in the front row in Primary, and I love his comments and reminders! What would you ever do without him, he's probably cheap entertainment, eh? Emma is such a great singer, soooo glad to have her - you're class is the best! They all pay attention, and they all sing sooo good! Keep up the great work!
Oh, and tell Ty thanks for being such a great sport about the costume, and leading in Primary - the kids sure love him!!
Kids say and do the darndest things. Emmas hair is really cute! I can't believe it starts so young, first a teddy bear, next holding hands, and maybe a playground kiss! Too Funny!
Your kids are so cute! I wish I was as creative as you in the hair department.
Love the teddy bear story! Tyler has a lot of work ahead of him!
Post a Comment